Kessil

Steinhart needs your softies

Thales

Past President
In case you haven't heard, we have a really big tank! The main window of the reef is going to be primarily softies, so we are looking for donations of bigger chunks of various trees, GSP, leathers, etc that you may have been thinking of pruning or getting rid of. If you have large chunks or colonies, please let me know at rross@calacademy.org and we can arrange for drop off and a look around back of house. No piece too big - seriously! :D

Thanks in advance for BAR members continued support of the Steinhart Aquarium.

Rich

Fred was a leather toadstool given to me... way back when first frag swap the club had at Tropical paradise. It wasn't a frag it was a full sized coral (with rock attached)... over the years I've given Fred numerous haircuts to make frags, however as of late no one wants leathers much anymore even if they have psychedelic colors, which even Fred doesn't have, so he's pretty much a coral no one wants :D He's even bordering on the "I don't really have a space for him" type of coral so I figure Steinhart would be a perfect place for him :D

I'm considering donating my HUGE Neon Green BTA (Ritteri?) anemone along with a pair of mated Gold Bar Maroon clowns if Steinhart will take them. See video below:

http://youtu.be/Aeml7jlzYKo?hd=1

177ike said:
I'm considering donating my HUGE Neon Green BTA (Ritteri?) anemone along with a pair of mated Gold Bar Maroon clowns if Steinhart will take them. See video below:

http://youtu.be/Aeml7jlzYKo?hd=1

Thanks - we could take the anemone but not the clowns, so I totally understand if you take the consideration back. :D

Thanks!

I'd prefer to keep the clowns together in the anemone, but I could always bring them to one of our LFS as well. I suspect it might be difficult to find someone on the forum who can/wants to take a pair of Gold Bar Maroons.

I like the idea of contributing to the Steinhart. It would be fun to bring the kids to see the anemone at Steinhart and know we contributed from our own tank!! What's the reason why you can't take the Maroons?

Back