Neptune Aquatics

Stumped... ID?

Noticed a cluster riding on the shell of one of my snails... Anyone have an idea what this is?

At first i though it was a clutch of snail eggs but looking close it more like a bunch of fronds than eggs...

20200513_103712.jpg

Especially since in that pic they kind of look like eyeballs with optic nerve stalks

"Cool story bro" incoming:

I lived in the midwest for a few years and used to catch and eat northern pike from a nearby pond. I was cleaning one of them at home and saw a tailfin deep in the pike's throat. I pulled it out and was treated to a mostly-digested fish, but it had been digested in a way where the brain and optic nerves were still intact. It was so intact that I was actually able to ID the mid and hindbrain, and other structures, in the fish's brain.

Reactions: JVU
"Cool story bro" incoming:

I lived in the midwest for a few years and used to catch and eat northern pike from a nearby pond. I was cleaning one of them at home and saw a tailfin deep in the pike's throat. I pulled it out and was treated to a mostly-digested fish, but it had been digested in a way where the brain and optic nerves were still intact. It was so intact that I was actually able to ID the mid and hindbrain, and other structures, in the fish's brain.

How'd it taste?

Back