Cali Kid Corals

Tank Feedback: Aqueon aquariums

Has anyone had any experience with aqueon tanks? I just got a 40g breeder from Petco for 40 bucks (dollar a gallon sale going on now btw). I checked the silicone and it looks well done, no bubbles or pealing.

Any bad experience or good experience?

I've got a 30 gallon Aqueon that I've had set up for about a year now with no issues. I also had a 37 gallon Aqueon that I had for about 4 years and even moved it across the country (FL to CA) without ever having an issue or leak. They aren't the fanciest aquariums ever but they seem to be good quality.

I have a few of the 10g and one 20T. Some are the previous company name, All-Glass. So far, so good.

It pays to look at all the tanks available. Build quality is, um, variable. When I was shopping for the last two 10s, I passed on a couple of them. Also a good plan to do a water test OUTSIDE!

Thanks! I've heard they were good. Im taking it to my LFS to get it drilled and water tested. I inspected the seams and they all look good, no bubbles/peeling. I have an acrylic from TruVu that i got 3 months ago, running for 2 months under LEDs, and its starting to Craze along the entire top edge of the front and sides. So i think im going to upgrade to a 40g breeder instead. It'll also give me more depth.

Here's the current tank:

current tank

Attached files /attachments/sites/default/files/2012-12-18 21.42.31.jpg

Back