High Tide Aquatics

Tank mount/clamps

Nav

I'm about to buy a second LED light fixture and was looking for a good way to hang it over my tank. My Kessil has a gooseneck so its good, this one comes with a hanging kit (just strings with a clip in the end). Holes on my wall is not the best option...

I was looking to do a custom mount from behind the tank and couldn't find this clamp that you screw to the tanks wall (pics below). Any idea what they're called? Closest I found is "Clamp Crab Plier Clip"...

Screen Shot 2015-02-04 at 10.18.20 AM.png
Screen Shot 2015-02-04 at 10.16.10 AM.png
Screen Shot 2015-02-04 at 10.15.56 AM.png

Be careful with weight on the side of your tank / pressure on the glass - I'd recommend conduit bent to an L shape + the hanging kit you've described above. You can also cover the conduit with heat shrink plastic tubing.

If you want to do a DIY you can use a Pipe bender from Home depot for like 60 bucks and the pipe cost 3 bucks per 10 feet or buy a right angle pipe already bent with some couplings.10 foot pipe probably wont fit in a small car. Then you can use some brackets to hold the pipe in place on your stand. Also need a pipe cutter to trim the excess. You would need a pipe cutter that cuts around the pipe not crush through it. Some key rings and carabiner to hold the light from the arm bar. Or Reef raft sells custom AI and kessil light bars for like over 100 bucks but its looks pretty and the wires can be tucked. Not sure why they don't pop up when I try to map search them on my I phone but here is their address. Their located at 42732 Albrea street , Fremont Ca 94538. If you go the DIY route you can a bunch for club members or return the pipe bender and cutter. good luck

I was trying to look up Reef Raft. Found the website but it doesn't show anything about light mounts.

I did find Russo had a nice looking mount, I'll probably go with that instead of the original idea of AI EXT tank mount kit x2, EXT 12" extension x2 and the hanging kit.

Reef Raft Nor Cal changed their name to California Reef Co.

They have access to a Machine Shop in the back so they make custom light fixture mounts and aluminum tank stands. Looks very clean and high quality. I personally, can't justify paying more than 40$ to mount my lights :p kessil gooseneckkkkk status

Back