Reef nutrition

What do you think about this calcium reactor?

alve

I am finally looking into buying a calcium reactor. What do you think of the Korallin 1502 for my 156g? Complete volume with sump is probably 175-200g.

Marine Depot has this package:
http://www.marinedepot.com/ps_ViewItem~idProduct~KTKLCP2~tab~1.html

Is this good or would you recommand another brand and/or package? I have heard of another brand calcium reactor that is very good but I can not remember the name.

Thanks!

The reactor itself? Sure, the whole package? You're probably better off buying stuff separately. Just to give you an idea, that shiny aluminum CO2 tank, well if you want to get it refilled you'll have to periodically have it tested. If you get a run of the mill steel tank, usually they'll simply swap out tanks so you never have to have them tested.

Thans for the info Mike! That is a good idea about the tank!

One of the reviews on this model says that it is not big enough for the 125g that person has, that it can not keep up. Right now all my SPS are frags so no problem but I would like to buy something that can keep up in the long run. Anyone any experience with this model being too small?

What about Geo, is it better than Korallin?

Here is another option. I am quite happy with mine.

http://www.aquaticsystemsdesign.com/index.php

Also to echo what Mike said. I had a nice pretty aluminum tank that got swapped out for this ugly green rusted one the last time I swapped it out. My new one is much better. When I went back to AirGas this time for a refill I found that apparantly you can specifically ask for a nicer one and if they have it they will give it to you.

Those aquatic systems design reactors are nice! Unfortunately the footprint is too big to fit in my stand :(

Guess it will be back to the Korallin. Now I have to decide the C1502 or C3002. Definitely not the package, wouldn't want to buy a nice aluminum tank and have to exchange it first time I want to fill it.

we looked into the korallin reactor when we were in the market for one...it seems alot of people complained about it not keeping up with the demands of their systems..keep in mind these people had some pretty heavily stocked sps systems. with frags i think you should do fine, but when your frags turn into colonies and you acquire more pieces it might not suffice..we ended up geting a Geo and are happy with our decision. it really was a "set and forget" setup..

Hi Aldie, I used to use a C1502 before switching to Schuran Jetstream1, and the C1502 could not keep up with the calcium/alk even with a kalk reactor working at the same time. After switching to Jetstream1, it gets a lot better. Have you looked into jetstream? It has small footprint, built nicely, use large media (less clogging), and is supposed to support much larger tank.

Thanks for the info guys!

That's exactly what I was thinking. I rather buy something that is good for the long run and rather go for the bigger one.

Tong, I will definitely check the jetstream you are talking about.
With the way your tank is I think not one calcium reactor can keep up with those nice big corals! :)

[quote author=dswong01 link=topic=3592.msg41225#msg41225 date=1208787954]
FinalPhaze987,
what co2 regulator are you using with your system.
[/quote]

were running the reef fanatic reg along with the pinpoint controller...its worked great so far..the reg is a little touchy so all the adjustments we make have to be minimal, otherwise the pH goes too high and defeats the purpose or the pH goes too low and we hear the controller shut it off every 10 min..

Back