Our mission

What does your mixing station look like?

My water mixing station (10g brute) , ATO reservoir (5g bucket) and dosing containers all under the tank cabinet. Not as neat as others ; Maybe one day

Attachments

• IMG_0233.jpeg
    IMG_0233.jpeg
    100.6 KB · Views: 33
Ok so after a little inspiration from @ReyDeFarts and a trip to Home Depot to get some supplies, I made this to connect to a return pump inside my mixing bin. Currently I’m using just an old powerhead but I feel like it takes to long to mix. Any input while this is dry fitted before I glue? Should I figure out how to put more output knozzles? This is to mix in a 32 Gallon Brute. The 3/4” male adapter will have two knozzles attached that I can screw off and screw in a python hose whenever I need to move water. Also any suggestions on how many GPH I should look for in a return pump?

Attachments

• IMG_6573.jpeg
    IMG_6573.jpeg
    78.7 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_6574.jpeg
    IMG_6574.jpeg
    54.8 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_6575.jpeg
    IMG_6575.jpeg
    61.5 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_6576.jpeg
    IMG_6576.jpeg
    74 KB · Views: 33
Looks clean! I wouldn't even bother gluing anything if it's stays in the reservoir. You'll never be above the pressure needed to worry about glued joints. Anything outside the tub, I would definitely glue. My hose fitting stays in my reservoir too.

So your hose connection, that's meant to help stir up water but also to hook up your python hose to fill your tank, correct? You could install a plastic quick connect there.

The only thing you need to worry about is head pressure. A cheap Vivosun 400gph would be fine for this use. Probably even smaller, but would just take longer to fill.

Looks clean! I wouldn't even bother gluing anything if it's stays in the reservoir. You'll never be above the pressure needed to worry about glued joints. Anything outside the tub, I would definitely glue. My hose fitting stays in my reservoir too.

So your hose connection, that's meant to help stir up water but also to hook up your python hose to fill your tank, correct? You could install a plastic quick connect there.

The only thing you need to worry about is head pressure. A cheap Vivosun 400gph would be fine for this use. Probably even smaller, but would just take longer to fill.
I’ll look into that quick connect! Sounds like it’d be a lot easier. Thanks

I’ll look into that quick connect! Sounds like it’d be a lot easier. Thanks
Home Depot or Ace has them. I like them. They can leak sometimes, but inside the bucket, who cares!

Also, you can do a test run of your system if you don't glue your joints, and make changes if you don't like it without having to cut, etc.

Just bigger buckets with no handles so I can stack and save space plus in an emergency I can grab and move to location if needed ( knock on wood) !!Toss in an extra large return pump to mix. Then attach 25-50ft white nsf RV hose to pump to whichever tanks location buckets up stairs gets old as I do !

Attachments

• IMG_0747.jpeg
    IMG_0747.jpeg
    91.7 KB · Views: 23
Back