Neptune Aquatics

What is this??

Hi .. Just wondered if anyone could tell me what this stuff is??
Refering to the red stuff on the rocks. it is hard like coraline algae, but lifts off the rock like a leaf. Thank You

Thought I would add a picture of the whole tank, Running about 6 months.
There was a big Pom Pom Xenia in the middle (was sort of the center piece of the tank) but for some reason it just melted away, don't know why?? Water prem's are fine, and the rest of the corals are fine (I know not many there) My clown Wrasse disapeared at the same time so I know something was wrong. Was thinking maybe the Green Star Polyps and the pom Pom had a diagreement, as they where pretty close together.
I am pretty new at this so no real answer here. Also any sujestion as to what to replace the Pom Pom with, Or maybe someone that has one and doesn't care for it anymore, would like to donate to a newbee, whose wife says we don't have any more fish tank money :) Thanks Again

Could be a type of coraline, if you take a piece out and dry it does it turn white? Or does it shrivel up like a macro algae? It's hard to tell from the picture which one, as I've seen both that look pretty similar. I'm pretty sure it's not anything to worry about.

AFA the xenia, sometimes it has a death wish and dies sometimes with no apparent reason, perhaps Charles Bronson has something to do with it I'm not sure.

Yeah, I second tuberider and it could be some type of coralline.

Also looks like you might have some flatworms (red planaria type) which are generally harmless but still a pest. I see them on the blue mushrooms.

Thanks Guys .. I never noticed the flat worms, but take a close look now.
It does seem to be some sort of coraline algae, but never seen it grow off the rock like a leaf. Used to be a lot more red when I was using Coralife salt, but my Ca was off the scale on the test kit. Switched to IO now it is getting kind of low.
Bet everyone is having fun with this heat!! Anyway thanks again, appreciate the feedback!

Back