Cali Kid Corals

Whats this food called?

I am trying to recall the name of the bottled Mysis Shrimp that does not need any refrigeration. I want to buy some and try and use a dosing pump with it while I go on vacation. Any help would be fantastic.

Interesting. I wonder if the mysis relicta in the concrete are ground up or whole. They give a wide range of 0.2-20mm. I have a copperband butterfly that is picky about only having decent sized and wholly intact mysis or brine. It would be good to be able to auto feed this on vacation

Interesting. I wonder if the mysis relicta in the concrete are ground up or whole. They give a wide range of 0.2-20mm. I have a copperband butterfly that is picky about only having decent sized and wholly intact mysis or brine. It would be good to be able to auto feed this on vacation

I find it interesting there is no place on the net to see the ingredients, though NYOS is a reputable company (not suggesting they're doing something wrong). The fact you have to put tank water in and wait 2 minutes most likely means they're preserving with a pretty alkaline or acidic media.

I find it interesting there is no place on the net to see the ingredients, though NYOS is a reputable company (not suggesting they're doing something wrong). The fact you have to put tank water in and wait 2 minutes most likely means they're preserving with a pretty alkaline or acidic media.
I don’t see that two min requirement. On the website it says you can directly apply it. But I do wonder just they are using for preservatives that it doesn’t need to be refrigerated

Wish I new about this stuff last month. I would have tried it out before I made a refrigerated auto feeder.

The 2 minute wait is just to get a feeding response before target feeding, according to the BRS site.

Oh, I would think they should mention that on their website or in product descriptions. On the BRS page someone asked if it needed to be refrigerated and they said no. I suppose they meant before opening.

Back