High Tide Aquatics

Where to EAT!

Post where your favorite places to eat and if it warrants places to avoid.

Here's my list of places.

Sweet Thai Basil: - Foster City - Thai food I only get curry, but this place does it really well.

The Pantry: - San Mateo - Family run greasy spoon diner, large portions, great prices, breakfast all day.

Kabul: - San Carlos - Nice restaurant I like everything I have had, my favorite is the spinach and lamb dish "Sabsi Challaw" I think.

Back A Yard: - East Palo Alto - Great Jamaican place, only downside is the price is a little steep for the enviornment but they have large portions so I think it makes up for it.

Kaz teriyaki grill: - San Mateo - This is a walk in/out place no seating just order and go, they have a great japanese curry (my running theme of Curry)

Gombei: Menlo Park and San Jose - I have been to both and like them a lot they serve Japanese comfort food so again Curry :)

Ringer Hut: - San Jose - They specialize in Champon which is a Japanse/Chinese fusion noodle and soup dish. There is also a Korean version which is called Champong which is much spicier.

The Palace BBQ: - Sunnyvale - Korean BBQ a gluttonous place of awesomeness.

Chavez Market: - Redwood City - Small grocery store chain with a taqueria inside. Coming from San Diego it took years for my pallet to mesh with the Bay Area for Mexican food because SD is mostly Baja Style, Chavez Market was the first place to make me happy.

The Refuge: - San Carlos - Beer Wine and Pastrami what more could ask for? This place makes a really good Pastrami Burger, I also liked the Ohio State Fair burger.

Sneakers in San Carlos
Thai Time ditto
Creola ditto (cajun food)
The Van's Belmont (great prime rib, lobster, drinks view)
King Chaun San Carlos (Chinese, of course)
Isobune sushi in San Mateo (love to get a little saki going then grab a tray off the boat)

Back