Cali Kid Corals

Who want white see through barrel?

Yes. Easy. Waste from first goes into input for the second. Done.
What do I do with the first Good output water? Consider that as good water? So I have two outputs for good water....OK. THANKS!

But wouldn't that also create a lot of wastewater going out from the 2nd set?

Just hook up the 2nd membrane in series with the waste from the 1st and then both out to the DI is what I understand. I need to do this to mine still. On Amazon liquagen sells the upgrade membrane too.

Just hook up the 2nd membrane in series with the waste from the 1st and then both out to the DI is what I understand. I need to do this to mine still. On Amazon liquagen sells the upgrade membrane too.
Omg this is an awesome idea.

This is borderline thread hijacking, but one of the things that's killing me right now is how I'm wasting so much water in a drought. I love this idea. I'm definitely doing this.

Now to go watch

You can. Or send them to their own so canisters.
Thinking about this more, from an engineering standpoint I'm trying to convince myself the idea of plumbing a waste line to a second RO is actually reducing total waste versus just running two ROs I'm parallel after the first stages. At first blush it seems like connecting the waste line to a second unit is _free_ water, but I'm not sure now.

The real win seems to be from doubling the surface area of the membranes by adding a second one. Running them in series, I'm going to burn through the second RO membranes faster because it's getting dirty water. Additionally I'm going to have a worse conversion rate, because I'd think it'd be receiving lower pressure.

Interesting problem to mull over. In theory it'd be easy to empirically test just by buying a second split junction.

Thinking about this more, from an engineering standpoint I'm trying to convince myself the idea of plumbing a waste line to a second RO is actually reducing total waste versus just running two ROs I'm parallel after the first stages. At first blush it seems like connecting the waste line to a second unit is _free_ water, but I'm not sure now.

The real win seems to be from doubling the surface area of the membranes by adding a second one. Running them in series, I'm going to burn through the second RO membranes faster because it's getting dirty water. Additionally I'm going to have a worse conversion rate, because I'd think it'd be receiving lower pressure.

Interesting problem to mull over. In theory it'd be easy to empirically test just by buying a second split junction.

You can. Or send them to their own so canisters.
I like this idea.

The clorine/chloramine is pulled out by the pre RO filters.

Stuff that feeds algae will be in the waste water but the plants in a planted tank may be able to handle it.

I wouldn't use it in a fish only tank.

Is the waste water ok for a freshwater aquarium?
I am not really sure and lack freshwater experience or knowledge? My waste water is usually around 6 ish tds but I have no clue what is in that 6. My brother doesn't seem to mind but his tank is not a show stopping planted tank by any means. I am just happy the waste water gets used.

I dump my ro waste water in my fresh tanks. The tds is high, but I keep snails that need minerals. My plants and fish don't seem to mind.
Good to know! I will definitely start collecting mine more often and use it for top offs and the rare water change I do on my FW planted tanks.

Back