Reef nutrition

180 CDA build

Another successful move!!!

20240406_111643.jpg

IMG_6031.jpeg

So last weekend we got the tank on the stand and it has a gap, I got a 2x 24"x36" IM foam leveling mat I wish to install, we would either lift up one end at a time and slide the mat under and if that doesn't work plan B would involve taking the tank off the stand onto saw horses and then installing the matt.
Last minute my friend had a family issue and needs to return to SoCal, So only have @Alexander1312 and @MichaelB to help me tomorrow as Eric is unavailable, is anyone (strong and able) in the club able to come to Fremont at 11am to help. I hate asking at the last minute but as people lives are dynamic here we are, I am also looking around for others outside the forum.

I can lend a hand. I'm not strong but last week loaded a 10 footer onto furniture dollies with 4 people. None of us are strong. In fact, I consider us undersize.

I'm 5'5" and 130lbs

We loaded the tank onto the sofa arm which is a foot shorter than the stand. Then load it onto the furniture dollies which is 2 feet lower than the sofa arm.

Sometimes ya just gotta use alternatives.

Last edited:
I can lend a hand. I'm not strong but last week loaded a 10 footer onto furniture dollies with 4 people. None of us are strong. In fact, I consider us undersize.

I'm 5'5" and 130lbs

We loaded the tank onto the sofa arm which is a foot shorter than the stand. Then load it onto the furniture dollies which is 2 feet lower than the sofa arm.

Sometimes ya just gotta use alternatives.

IF you feel up to the task it would be great, the tank is on a 41" stand just so you know and we would need to lift it up 6" at least, also size is not an indication of strength.

IF you feel up to the task it would be great, the tank is on a 41" stand just so you know and we would need to lift it up 6" at least, also size is not an indication of strength.
Are you saying lift the tank 6" and holding it while someone slip a mat under the tank? Even holding it for 10 seconds is a long time unless you have 6 people.

This can be done with 2 able adults and one kid. Lift one end, slip several books under and reset the tank. Lift the other end, slide books under and rest the tank.

The center now has space. slide the mat in, I understand the mat will be curled towards the end near the book. That can be remedy by sliding books on top of the mat in the center. Then remove the books from the ends one end at a time. straighten out the mat and repeat the other end.

Are you saying lift the tank 6" and holding it while someone slip a mat under the tank? Even holding it for 10 seconds is a long time unless you have 6 people.

This can be done with 2 able adults and one kid. Lift one end, slip several books under and reset the tank. Lift the other end, slide books under and rest the tank.

The center now has space. slide the mat in, I understand the mat will be curled towards the end near the book. That can be remedy by sliding books on top of the mat in the center. Then remove the books from the ends one end at a time. straighten out the mat and repeat the other end.

Plan A, 2 adults lift one end, the other adult acts and a achor to prevent it sliding off, and person 4 (or child slides the mat on the one side. The matt is in 2 pieces so we would do center to one side then the other. Might be good to use some text books to make it easier (I have plenty), to you point about the matt curling, I got them yesterday (rolled up) placed them flat and put boxes of salt on them to help make them flat. The previous material I had was the BRS 2mm stuff and was a nightmare with sliding around and being wavy, @Alexander1312 recommend Innovated marine foam matts, which are 5mm (much more substantial) and have an acrylic adhesive on the back which should help keep it in place.

I think we can make this work with out taking it off the stand completely, if not take off, install mat (adhered to stand) replace tank, which is less than optimal making plan A my favorite.

Plan A, 2 adults lift one end, the other adult acts and a achor to prevent it sliding off, and person 4 (or child slides the mat on the one side. The matt is in 2 pieces so we would do center to one side then the other. Might be good to use some text books to make it easier (I have plenty), to you point about the matt curling, I got them yesterday (rolled up) placed them flat and put boxes of salt on them to help make them flat. The previous material I had was the BRS 2mm stuff and was a nightmare with sliding around and being wavy, @Alexander1312 recommend Innovated marine foam matts, which are 5mm (much more substantial) and have an acrylic adhesive on the back which should help keep it in place.

I think we can make this work with out taking it off the stand completely, if not take off, install mat (adhered to stand) replace tank, which is less than optimal making plan A my favorite.
Having to take it off the stand is a no go without 4 people. But half at a time we can get it done

Back