Kessil

Trident: No Water Sample

boun11

Supporting Member
Anyone has this issue and able to fix it? After 1.5-2 years of not replacing the reagents, I finally try to replace it today but it gave me that error. I was able to flush the sample water line but it still not working. Any thought? Or I have to send it to them.

You have to take the whole thing apart and flush all the lines with a syringe and hot water. Including the distribution block. Basically clean up the inside stuff.
Just be careful when assembling NOT to put the electric eye plug in backwards. It will short out the circuit. Other than that. It’s pretty easy. I can do it for you if you get it to me. If you’re worried.

You have to take the whole thing apart and flush all the lines with a syringe and hot water. Including the distribution block. Basically clean up the inside stuff.
Just be careful when assembling NOT to put the electric eye plug in backwards. It will short out the circuit. Other than that. It’s pretty easy. I can do it for you if you get it to me. If you’re worried.
I will get it to you where are you at? I don’t want to mess it up.

Anyone has this issue and able to fix it? After 1.5-2 years of not replacing the reagents, I finally try to replace it today but it gave me that error. I was able to flush the sample water line but it still not working. Any thought? Or I have to send it to them.
When you try to run it, does the sample cuvette fill and then drain? If so, try cleaning the cuvette with a qtip and some rubbing alcohol. This has been my most common issue with "no water sample".

Glad someone knows this.

For a piece of high end equipment, that sounds like too much work and a tiny mistake will smoke the device.
Yeah. I smoked one before. The chip plate is a generic china plate. You can plug it in backwards. Simple error of not paying attention to details.

You don't need to take apart any electronics to flush the lines.

Take the front cover plate off, unscrew the 4 feet on the bottom, take the cover off.

On the back of front, you see the 5 solenoids. Using tweezers, remove the tube (I think I remember it being) at the 11 o'clock position from the pump hub, depress the solenoid with your finger to open the tube up and then with a syringe full of rodi water, flush the line with your rodi. You should see water come out of your inlet tube. Feel free to repeat with the outlet one as well, but I have only had issues with the inlet one.

Then prime the system and do a test, it should work again.

There is a youtube video that goes into detail on this, and it is pretty simple if you know what to look for and have the syringe. Skip to 5 mins for the fix.

Last edited:
When you try to run it, does the sample cuvette fill and then drain? If so, try cleaning the cuvette with a qtip and some rubbing alcohol. This has been my most common issue with "no water sample".
The cuvette is not filled.
San Francisco Richmond district. I think your buddies with Erin @Kensington Reefer I’ll probably be visiting him in a few days/week. I have to give him some equipment
Yes, I live close to Erin. @Kensington Reefer always get me into trouble :) Let me know when you visit him. You can help me figure this out or not you will not leave empty handed :)

The cuvette is not filled.

Yes, I live close to Erin. @Kensington Reefer always get me into trouble :) Let me know when you visit him. You can help me figure this out or not you will not leave empty handed :)
I got 2 solutions you can do:
1) open it up and remove the tubes from the piston to the pump and flush it out with a syringe. Maybe you have some gunk deposits in there. I would clean the other tbes as well with this ocation. Even the one from the vial to the cuvette.
2) Maybe your piston is rusty and is not opening up any longer. It happen to my trident with one of the reagents. In this case you need to soake the piston ins something that will remove the rust or buy a new piston.

Glad someone knows this.

For a piece of high end equipment, that sounds like too much work and a tiny mistake will smoke the device.
also when you are not using the trident for a long time, always shut the device down in the app, there's a fusion list of Tasks, click Trident Shutdown. it will flush everything out in the tubes.

Back