Our mission

Looking to Borrow a Fishtank For CFM

Alexx

Supporting Member
Dose anybody have a fishtank that I can borrow for CFM?
It has to be less than 30 gallons, and also flat so I can place more corals. I think I have some lights, and a circulating pump that I could use.
I'll probably just end up using some egg-crates for holding the corals.

Last edited:
Here are some extra items to remember to bring with you on top of the obvious:

-Bags/rubber bands to pack the corals
-Bag of carbon for your sump chamber
-More water than you think. (I’ve seen people use an igloo Gatorade cooler to dispense water with a heater in it)
-Towels
-Tubing to get water back out of the tank after the show
-pointer to point out the corals

Here are some extra items to remember to bring with you on top of the obvious:

-Bags/rubber bands to pack the corals
-Bag of carbon for your sump chamber
-More water than you think. (I’ve seen people use an igloo Gatorade cooler to dispense water with a heater in it)
-Towels
-Tubing to get water back out of the tank after the show
-pointer to point out the corals
And bring a notebook or spreadsheet so you can record every expense as a business expense on your 2024 taxes. File income based on a couple corals, and then start deducting part of your electric bill and your aquarium expenses.

And bring a notebook or spreadsheet so you can record every expense as a business expense on your 2024 taxes. File income based on a couple corals, and then start deducting part of your electric bill and your aquarium expenses.
FYI the last part may be a good way to get audited, don't know if it would be worth it.

FYI the last part may be a good way to get audited, don't know if it would be worth it.
Possible, but on the other hand if you have energy meters on your tank and you're being honest with your taxes, then the possible chance you'd need to send some extra documentation in gets you savings of cash.

I wouldn't start trying to deduct rent/mortgage or being silly, but doing electric off a meter and costs of CFM booth and other highly documentable things seems pretty safe.

I am not a tax lawyer though.

My dad used to work for the IRS. That is something he would tell me. The problem about the audit is the hassle of going through it.

Dose anybody have a fishtank that I can borrow for CFM?
It has to be less than 30 gallons, and also flat so I can place more corals. I think I have some lights, and a circulating pump that I could use.
I'll probably just end up using some egg-crates for holding the corals.
Can probably put one together with acrylic you get from TAP and get a little guidance from @Turkeysammich

Back