got ethical husbandry?

3D Printed KHG SW intake filter?

Anyone with a 3D printer consider making something like this? I lack all skills associated with drawing or 3D programs so maybe i can state this in a way to help visualize my thought as I cleaned out the SW intake of my KHG beginning to end...

Tubing nipple on one end of a barrel filter in 2 pieces
Top piece has the tubing nipple and a filter screen with threads for the bottom piece to screw on to.
The bottom piece is open on the threaded end with a filter screen on the other.

Just add a little filter floss in between and screw it together.

Entire filter end hangs submerged in the sump

Thoughts?

Do you have problems with it sucking stuff up?
I've found a few small pieces of chaeto and other small debris in the tubing before and after the check valve yes. I've had to clean it out 3 times in the 6-8 months I've had it. Just thinking if there's a solution that won't cause extra problems.

Draw a sketch please and I can see if I can CAD something useful from your idea. I am having trouble visualizing the scale of the parts.

This might work too

Draw a sketch please and I can see if I can CAD something useful from your idea. I am having trouble visualizing the scale of the parts.

This might work too
My thought was almost exactly like that except there's no 2nd fitting. The bottom end is open with the screen and there's another screen inside prior to the threads of the 2 halves. Just sandwich some filter floss in between the 2 screens.Or even a cut to fit sponge.

Attachments

• 207524-dmfit-strainer-.25-inch_LI_2.jpg
    207524-dmfit-strainer-.25-inch_LI_2.jpg
    374.6 KB · Views: 125
This with the valve swapped with filter floss looks like the right answer. Always cheaper to buy something that exists versus doing the development yourself. That being said, if you want something custom and slick, then we can keep at it.
The only issue here is the the KHG uses 1/8" dosing tubing. Not 1/4" or larger. I might be able to cobble something together with pvc, epoxy, etc. Thanks for taking a look at it.

Calibration will be likely needed when you first run it with a filter. And keep in mind if the line gets restricted at all it will change your calibration. It may cause more problems with a filter than without.

Calibration will be likely needed when you first run it with a filter. And keep in mind if the line gets restricted at all it will change your calibration. It may cause more problems with a filter than without.
I don't know if it will need calibration. The khg sucks up the saltwater once and it doesn't stop until a float switch has been activated. After that it drops the HCI solution into the saltwater till a lower ph is reached then calculates how much HCI was used to reach that lower ph

I don't know if it will need calibration. The khg sucks up the saltwater once and it doesn't stop until a float switch has been activated. After that it drops the HCI solution into the saltwater till a lower ph is reached then calculates how much HCI was used to reach that lower ph
I was assuming that the amount of sample water was based a time with a peristaltic pump. Since there is a float valve then yes, no calibration should be needed. Just periodic maintenance on the filter.

US $2.69 32% Off | 2pcs 8~14mm Hose Pipe Filter Irrigation Pump Filters Sprayer Diaphragm Pump Absorbent Filtering Net Gaden Watering Strainer Mesh
Looks like it has strainer is metal. I don't think that is a good idea.

Back