Kessil

AI Hydra 26 (and general LED spectrum questions)

Darkxerox

Facilities, Events, LFS Partnership
BOD
So I have an AI Hydra 26 over my tank and I'm only just now realizing that having certain colors at 100% isn't the same as others just due to the pure number of LEDs for each color slider.

1656113765249.png

• 6 - Cree XP-G2 Cool White (> 70 CRI)
  • 6 - Cree XT-E Royal Blue
  • 6 - Cree XP-E2 Blue
  • 2 - OSRAM OSLON Deep Red
  • 2 - Cree XP-E2 Green
  • 2 - SemiLED 415nm
  • 2 - SemiLED 400nm
Two LED pucks on the light, so 3x more PAR contributed from the white, royal blue, and blue vs. the the red/green/violet/UV at 100%?

I've been running this profile, but I figure I can run more UV to get more pop? I initially kept it lower since I didn't want to damage my acrylic. But based on the info here, it's likely more of the violet "actinic" spectrum rather than say UV-A of like 315-400nM right?

Any insight appreciated!

So I did more searching and it seems like this UV diode isn't emitting a true "UV" that can damage acrylic (e.g. sub 350 nm range). It's more of a deep violet and a misnomer. I do want more of that glow effect before bed, so I might adjust the ramps to have more violet/deep blue in the evening.

Hopefully I can try out the PAR meter too next month once my 2 months are up!

Join one of the ai Facebook groups. They have custom profiles you can download that are pretty awesome.
I freed myself of all Facebook products a few years ago and the downloadable profiles I've seen on the AI site don't seem to work with the AI director I have, so I've been adjusting manually. But maybe I can find someone to join for me, thanks!

Back