Reef nutrition

Any ideas?! Living branch like tentacles...

ReyDeFarts

Photography, Contests
BOD
Any chance somebody knows what this might be? I have a cool video of the branches capturing particles/food and bringing it into the crevice. Unfortunately, video upload here require folks to download it and I don't have a YT channel setup for uploads. So here's a snapshot from the video.

Initial search came up with generic hydroid classification. Nothing specific unfortunately.

The branching structure on the left-center side.
1000005645.png

First...great eye!
Hydroid was my first thought
If so remove it.
They sting what you’re try to grow
You included
Thanks. Knowing there's lots of life makes me that much more observant. Lol

Is it hydroid though?! I'd hate to remove something that's potentially a good organism. If it's for sure a bad resident, what's the best way to remove it. Cover it with epoxy?

Thanks. Knowing there's lots of life makes me that much more observant. Lol

Is it hydroid though?! I'd hate to remove something that's potentially a good organism. If it's for sure a bad resident, what's the best way to remove it. Cover it with epoxy?
If you can gat a better blown up pic to confirm, it would help
But...
Turn off flow
If you can, remove rock
Snip off the base
And with a blade, scrape off the surrounding surface

If you can gat a better blown up pic to confirm, it would help
But...
Turn off flow
If you can, remove rock
Snip off the base
And with a blade, scrape off the surrounding surface
I tried getting a better pic today. I was a bit busy and distracted so it wasn't much better. Need to get the macro lenses out to see what I can pull off.

Side note...interesting to me that getting up close to the IM glass distorts and makes getting images difficult. Completely out of focus and look like garbage. A little frustrating that in my fluval, I can right up to the glass to minimize distortion. Anyway...I'll work on getting a better image.
I’m interested to see the video if you can upload to YT and post a link
Yeah, I may just create a channel and use it to upload various videos I've been taking. Would make it much easier to post here as well. I'll try and find time to set that up tomorrow.

Back