got ethical husbandry?

Anyone seen non-frozen mysis in LFS?

artie

Supporting Member
Any chance someone recalls seeing Nyos Chromys or Aquaforest Liquid Mysis at a LFS? It seems Reef Nutrition Mysis Feast is unavailable right now.

I had the Mysis Feast on a dosing pump for the past 11 months and now my Copperband thinks it is entitle to non-frozen mysis. At first it would taste the frozen mysis then spit it out and now it completely ignores it. I am hoping maybe it will like one of the two foods mentioned above.

Figured I'd try to find it locally before ordering online. Thanks.

Any chance someone recalls seeing Nyos Chromys or Aquaforest Liquid Mysis at a LFS? It seems Reef Nutrition Mysis Feast is unavailable right now.

I had the Mysis Feast on a dosing pump for the past 11 months and now my Copperband thinks it is entitle to non-frozen mysis. At first it would taste the frozen mysis then spit it out and now it completely ignores it. I am hoping maybe it will like one of the two foods mentioned above.

Figured I'd try to find it locally before ordering online. Thanks.

Per HTA-I guess RN’s mysis feast is pulled from the market until they figure out how to stop it from overflowing upon opening. I will admit I was a bit annoyed myself.

I have used nyos brine shrimp and it seem palatable. I use their algae pellets and all the fish love them too except the sand sifting goby. Nice thing about the nyos shrimp is that you don’t have to worry about refrigeration until you open it. It may do for the temp being until RN gets their product back on the market.

@artie if you're worried about it not eating you can try masstick in an old clam shell or frozen clams.
Thanks for the suggestion. That was going to be my last resort, I was concerned the CBB would get used to that method and then wouldn't eat the mysis once it's available again.

I had started with the frozen Hikari mysis. Then I noticed the RN bottle says it is PE mysis, so I picked up some some frozen PE mysis (small grade) and luckily the CBB is eating that.

Thanks L/B Block, I'll order some of the Nyos and see if it will go for that.

I ordered the Aquaforest liquid mysis and it wasn't quite what I expected. I feed through a doser and I don't see shrimp come out. There are small bits, but nothing that looks like the mysis I'm used to seeing. The CBB ignores it, but the other fish swim around eating all the bits.

Back