Kessil

best way to catch a fish?

Ok I'm an idiot. I moved my reef tank rocks, and corals in my previoulsy fish only 90 gallon last night. I had intended to remove a Rabbit fish and Fox face which have gotten too large and wanted to relocate them to a larger tank.

But in getting so stressed about moving all the corals and the small fish from the reef into my 90 gallon, I forgot to remove the two large fish! They were hiding under a ledge I had built and I just forgot them, until I saw them come out and swim around.

So I really really really do not want to remove all 90lbs of rocks/corals and redo the entire 5hr job i just did last night.

How can I get these two fish out? I thought maybe I could net them in the middle of the night when they are sleeping, but I'm open to whatever works!

And BTW.. these fish will be free for any BAR member that wants to put them into a tank larger than my 90 gallon.

Well those two fish tend to go into "camo" mode when they're sleeping, so if you know where they sleep, you might be able to swoop in there with a net at night and nab them.

Tried the fish trap, 1 liter bottle.. wasnt fast enough.. so I'll try tonight under the cover of darkness!.. then back to building a better trap ;)

Here's the two fish in the tank today

900.JPG

I just caught my clown, this evening, by turning off the lights and following (stalking) it with a very low powered flashlight and small net. It swam right into it, after trying for two days with other methods. Hope this helps.... :)

Back