Kessil

Biocube 32

Still, I am hoping someone comes out with a competing product to lower the price for these (when their patent runs out?). Its the only Ecotech product I own but there is not really competition for them if you like their ‘wireless’ design. I got both of my MP40s at Premium Aquatics during the Thanksgiving sale last year for 350 each. Buying them used is a good alternative.

Still, I am hoping someone comes out with a competing product to lower the price for these (when their patent runs out?). Its the only Ecotech product I own but there is not really competition for them if you like their ‘wireless’ design. I got both of my MP40s at Premium Aquatics during the Thanksgiving sale last year for 350 each. Buying them used is a good alternative.
Agreed the ones I had before are zero comparsion to theirs

Latest minor update. I added a 5th 21 led 12 inch actinic bar under the hood. Each bar is suppose to add around 30 par 18inches below the surface. (Assuming this doesn't consider rock work and corals shading. Most likely their assertion is measured in a structure free tank.)

The Reason for the additional light:
It seemed that the back uper portion of the tank wasn't getting the same par as the center due to uneven light spread. So I hope it provides a little better coverage. Specifically for the sps coral at the top of the tank. If it’s meant to give 30 par at 18 inches, it should add at least near 70-100 extra par at 3-6 inches under the that light where sps is. Previous readings when I had the par meter ranged from 250-280 par. I'm hoping to be able to break over 350 par during peak lighting times when all the led channels are on.

I may add a 6th bar as well centered over the sps if they show any improvement in coloration over the next few weeks. I would definitely take par readings again before adding a 6th light if I ever decide to.

I also threw in a picture of the sps so far.

I know they are close but won't be for too long. Alot of the corals will be transfered to the new 65 gallon tank in the next few months.

Attachments

• 20240419_203224.jpg
    20240419_203224.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 17
  • 20240419_205000.jpg
    20240419_205000.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 17
Back