High Tide Aquatics

Bounce mushrooms after 6 years

Hey guys, anyone else have big WWC bounces that haven’t been cut long term? I got a few comments recently on my little mini colony and thought I would share a pic. I bought a tiny bounce frag with a single bubble about 6 years ago and since then it has naturally split into a grand total of 3 mushrooms. Each mushroom is big though… in zero flow they can stretch to 6+ inches each. They have had plenty of close calls… a few tank crashes, wandering anemones, nibbling fish and crabs, and even living in a brute trash with indirect sunlight for nearly a month, but they are still alive!

Quarter in each pic for scale:

IMG_2220.jpeg

IMG_2221.jpeg

Looking fantastic. Do you expect it will split down onto the bare bottom of the tank? Or would it make sense to add an XL frag disk below the rock they’re on?

Looking fantastic. Do you expect it will split down onto the bare bottom of the tank? Or would it make sense to add an XL frag disk below the rock they’re on?
Thanks! Over the years I have put discs under discs. First 1/2”, then 3”, then 4”, and finally a bunch of live rock rubble that I glued together to form a flat plate underneath. Their feet are still on the 4” disc so I think I have a while before I need to expand again. I’ve heard that the OG bounce doesn’t get much more than 6”+ so we’ll see.

Back