Cali Kid Corals

Calling all torch whisperers -

thesassyindian

Supporting Member
Hello folks,
I wanted to ask for help to nurse a dying torch back to health.
My conch seems to have bulldozed it into the sand just when I had stepped away for a few weeks.

Happy to give this to someone who has had a proven track record of keeping torches.
This is no special / collectible torch, but it is clearly not doing so well in my tank.

1654208107323.png

Hello folks,
I wanted to ask for help to nurse a dying torch back to health.
My conch seems to have bulldozed it into the sand just when I had stepped away for a few weeks.

Happy to give this to someone who has had a proven track record of keeping torches.
This is no special / collectible torch, but it is clearly not doing so well in my tank.

View attachment 38927
If no one else is interested, I'm happy to give it a shot in my tank.

I have that torch. It’s in low to medium flow and light. Sometimes I think it’s dying cuz it plop bails out. But nope. Still a live after 2 years.

@thesassyindian just started up a QT for my orange hammer that came down with either BJD or being stung by torches. If you happen to pass by Mt View, happy to toss your torch in and nurse if back for you... since i am arleady saving one, another is zero extra work.

@thesassyindian I just went to check up on the torch thinking it was ready to go home to you... unfortunately, i found the torch had shrunk a lot. Basically, the flesh of the polyp was trying to move away from the center.

After looking more closely, there looks to be a lot of sand inside the skeleton. Might have been irritating the torch from underneath... :( guessing this might have been from when it fell into the sand from before.

I blew the sand out and moved the torch to a lower flow and light spot... hoping this will help it sort itself out.

I might do a dip later to try to eliminate any infection or tissue decay from underneath...

It's probably a 50-50 shot at this point. :( will keep you posted.

@thesassyindian I just went to check up on the torch thinking it was ready to go home to you... unfortunately, i found the torch had shrunk a lot. Basically, the flesh of the polyp was trying to move away from the center.

After looking more closely, there looks to be a lot of sand inside the skeleton. Might have been irritating the torch from underneath... :( guessing this might have been from when it fell into the sand from before.

I blew the sand out and moved the torch to a lower flow and light spot... hoping this will help it sort itself out.

I might do a dip later to try to eliminate any infection or tissue decay from underneath...

It's probably a 50-50 shot at this point. :( will keep you posted.
I really appreciate your help Vince!

This was the only torch that survived this long from a group buy, a year it so ago.
If it doesn’t make it, that’s totally ok.

Again, I really appreciate your effort.

Back