Cali Kid Corals

Can someone actually 3-D print this? (Manifold)

Idea is to use them as a way to create flow in a refugium to tumble microalgae -so yes I need to be able to screw in a couple of 1/4 and 3/8 npt ports. Doesn’t have to be water tight as it will be submerged. Not sure if that helps.

Sounds printable given that. The 3d file they provided doesn't have the threads built in. Generally the best way to do threads though is to run the piece through a thread tap though. The threads are potentially addable, but takes some trickery.

If you want one printed without the threads I can print you one for pickup in redwood city. I might even have a tap actually.

Sounds printable given that. The 3d file they provided doesn't have the threads built in. Generally the best way to do threads though is to run the piece through a thread tap though. The threads are potentially addable, but takes some trickery.

If you want one printed without the threads I can print you one for pickup in redwood city. I might even have a tap actually.

That is good to know about the threads. In that case -then don’t print them and put the time into it. Sure I can find them on eBay.

Thanks for taking the time to explain it to me

Why do you need to tumble your macro? Grows fine without doing that without adding complication.
So I don’t have to tumble it per se -but given the current sump set up -the macro algae doesn’t get any real movement.

So even if it doesn’t tumble I can use the manifolds as a way to get a bit more movement going

Back