Kessil

Caution! Truth Ahead! Caution!

A friend linked this to my facebook pg. I thought it was worth sharing.
http://www.cracked.com/article_15231_7-reasons-21st-century-making-you-miserable.html

I agree, and I noticed more and more people are becoming sensitive over the stupidest things. I need to set this up a bit...
We had a small office air-hockey tournament, I won.. so let the bragging begin, a week later the guy who lost to me went to hike up to half dome and couldn't make it because of lightning. So yesterday we have a friendly 5 point match and he beats me, and tries to start bragging a little, me not allowing this said.
"I am like Half Dome, the first time you fail, then train and come back to conquer" he got pissy, and lashed out to attack my hat. It's sad that something as mundane as that would set someone off.

Skimmed over this... interesting read.

Personally, though I think that technology has done a lot to improve my ability to socialize, meet new people and keep up with old friends. Just look at all the friends we've made in BAR where the vast majority of our communication is via these electronic forums...

I use technology to enhance my social connections; they're not used in lieu of them.

I can see, however, how some people might substitute electronic interactions for real ones.

PS. If any of you are on Facebook, add me! (Jason Wong, San Jose... I'm squeezing a dog in my photo. :p)

Back