High Tide Aquatics

Complete Bonus/Ultra Coral List - 2024 Current

Quick question if I get 18 bonus corals that is 6 tickets right?
I have 3 Bonus A, 7 Bonus B and 8 Bonus C. This is my understanding from this update.

From what I remember in the past you can get 2 Bonus coral A and 1 Bonus coral B to get a Bunus ticket. I think this is how it was last time. But not have 3 Bonus coral A to get 1 Bonus Ticket.
Hey Alex, you will get 5 tickets Based on the rules outlined here.

The rules state that you can get a maximum of two bonus tickets for one of the same type of coral.
Therefore, in your scenario, you would get one ticket for Bonus A, two tickets for Bonus B, and two tickets for Bonus C. So you would get 5 bonus tickets total.

The three extra corals you have would then count towards your “normal” entry. Although technically I think you need 3 different corals as opposed to 2and1.

Quick question if I get 18 bonus corals that is 6 tickets right?
I have 3 Bonus A, 7 Bonus B and 8 Bonus C. This is my understanding from this update.

From what I remember in the past you can get 2 Bonus coral A and 1 Bonus coral B to get a Bunus ticket. I think this is how it was last time. But not have 3 Bonus coral A to get 1 Bonus Ticket.
So, if you look earlier in this thread, JVU and I discussed that and my decision was to do away with that rule. You would get 6 bonus tickets from those corals, and we'll be monitoring going forward if there's an overabundance of bonus/ultra corals to revisit the list.

So, if you look earlier in this thread, JVU and I discussed that and my decision was to do away with that rule. You would get 6 bonus tickets from those corals, and we'll be monitoring going forward if there's an overabundance of bonus/ultra corals to revisit the list.
I saw it but wanted to make sure because there was the link to the other post in the description. Thnx for clarification!

Wonder if RBTAs should still be on the list... while they are a very pretty animal they seem to be very common in this area (Neptune won't even take them anymore as they have so many)

Also somewhat confused: say I bring 3 bonus frags, for 1 ticket. Does this mean I'm allowed to take only 1 bonus frag from the bonus round? If everyone does this, what happens to the other 2 frags each person brought
I'll remove them from the list, since I've noticed they've proliferated quite a bit in the club.

Re: other frags, the rules are outlined here. In the first bonus round, each person with a bonus ticket can pay one bonus ticket to choose one frag in that round (bonus or not). In the second bonus round, each person is able to choose however many frags (bonus or not) they have tickets for. The remaining bonus corals are then left out, and people can start choosing whatever is left in the general swap.

Also somewhat confused: say I bring 3 bonus frags, for 1 ticket. Does this mean I'm allowed to take only 1 bonus frag from the bonus round? If everyone does this, what happens to the other 2 frags each person brought

The other two frags will be left for regular round.

Hi so in regards to: CoralExotic Bounce Zoa.
I don't think that zoa is bouncing. I have it and it grows in my tank and is liking it but dose not want to bounce. From what I herd from other people they ware saying the zoa bounce like that if is irritated. My has lost the bounce int he process.
This is the one that you guys refer to?
Screen Shot 2024-04-08 at 10.19.16 PM.png

Can anyone explain that something besides infection or defect is causing the bounce in “bounce zoas”?
I believe that the two most current theories for why corals “bounce” are the light spectrum we use, or a certain bacteria. The actual reason is not known for sure.

question, I have AOI zoas, do they count as wwc aoi for bonus or as regular zoas? I don't know if there's a material difference and can't really see a difference by online pictures.

Josh,

Sorry for another question but do you consider a DPV Anemone a common, bonus, or ultra?

Thanks.
I'll add that to the 'bonus' tier. Thanks!
I think the DPV anemone is one of those special lineages with local history that people pay a lot more for and consider extra valuable? Plenty of folks around here more knowledgeable than I am about it. Perhaps ultra if lineage is correct?

I think the DPV anemone is one of those special lineages with local history that people pay a lot more for and consider extra valuable? Plenty of folks around here more knowledgeable than I am about it. Perhaps ultra if lineage is correct?
Fine by me then; I was unaware of it, and if this helps promote it being spread through the club, ultra it is!

Back