Reef nutrition

Cost of RODI

Makes me wonder how the "non capillary" restrictors work, I mean I would think they would do something similar of restricting flow by making a smaller opening for water to go through. Maybe I have one someplace that's junky and I can crack it open. I've had both on systems, and never really noticed any difference.

I don’t understand why you’d want one type of flow restrictor over the other. Either should work. Mine has a built in flush valve tho so that’s cool.
I forget the exact reason to be honest... but when I was doing research, whatever I read seemed to make sense in favor of the capillary restrictor. But for what I am after now, one advantage I can see is I can use an untrimmed one and trim it to get the desired back pressure I want, which you can't do with a preset inline.

You should have a certain amount of waste going through for a given membrane. You don’t wanna mess with it to boost pressure. Membrane won’t work right if it doesn’t have enough going to waste.

Man, now that I am looking into a tankless RO system for the home, I am having instant regret on getting all those extra stages to upgrade my 4-Stage. Looking at a 500GPD tankless system at 1:1 with UV add-on... all I need to do is put a T and a ball valve to switch over to the DI stages and bam! everyone gets what they want.

..Sadly, I probably still would need to convince the wife that it's no big deal sharing the same RO system with my fish. sigh.

Back