Our mission

Dielectric Grease

I'm wondering and asking for any input on using dielectric grease on some lamp connectors; I was checking today two light fixtures, both Tek SLS; ballasts have power but bulbs flicker for a fraction of a second and that's it; another ballast on a different fixture light up bulbs so I know bulbs are good. Noticed in the lamp connectors some corrosion as well as the wires that connect on the sockets.
Would a dab of such grease will help prevent corrosion? Anyone has or is using it? Pros, cons?

A concern concern is that lamps are pretty high voltage. Any small contact arcs at the connector will break down the grease,
carbonizing it, potentially causing problems.

Another concern is that those connectors can get very hot. Generally bad for grease.

I would not do it unless you find a specific product meant for that.
Definitely don't use the cheap stuff meant for car batteries.

I checked the grease tube today, it states can resist temps up to 400F but as always better safe than sorry.
Most of the build up is on the lamp connecting pins, some of the sockets have the green build up typical of copper. Used some sandpaper to clean the sockets and pins, that should prevent any potential arching.

Back