High Tide Aquatics

Dino or Cyano?

05baf9efcd523f1729a0769cd964fb33.jpg

Need help with ID of this. Been keeping up with water changes over the 8 weeks very regularly.

This started about 3-4 months back, when the tank was in some neglect and the alk was quiet low (6ish), which led me to believe it’s some kind of dino outbreak. Read somewhere that Dinos can grow in low alk environments.

Few weeks ago I ran a 100micron filter sock after which this seemed to reduce a lot, but hasn’t gone away. I have been running carbon and phosguard to battle turf (very likely) algae and to keep nutrients low.

The nutrients in the tank are pretty low now but not zero. Tested using salifert kits, both nitrates and phosphates are very close to zero as there is only a hint of color so close to transparent that I am not able to discern the lower end readings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just noticed [mention]NanoCrazed [/mention] ‘s thread on the ID of Dino. Will check it out! Don’t have a microscope though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will bank money on that being dino though. based on those lovely slime tails... but microscope to be certain!

Treatment for dinos would be lights outs, UV if on is handy and peroxide dosing

Back