Our mission

Diy trident reagents.

For @H2OPlayar and anyone else using the trident -how are you benchmarking the reliability? I think my Hanna alk checker is trashed and just the constant testing on alk lately is driving me bonkers.

It would be nice to be notified that something is amiss -of which recent something happened with the doser so that the alk dropped to 6.x

So I switched from tropic Marin’s carbocalcium which I liked as it “balanced” out the CA/ALK nicely to a bionics alk solution for now so at least I can see the ph spike” when it doses.

But I was at AC the other day and was seriously tempted to buy it right there and then. I was curious though about reliability and was going to ask about it on the forum anyway..
For the record the other day the Hanna clocked the dkh at 5.9 but I had an independent test done at ac that was 7.4. I find that more reliable as corals are all doing ok and one truly does not like being below 7-my bellweather..

For the first 3 months I ran it, I checked it against my Hanna units, knowing both have their error range. The Trident tests correlate with what is being dosed and what is being consumed, and have really good trend lines. I don't really care if I am 8, 8.5, or 9, I care if what I have this week is what I had last month. Given that inside it is a stepper motor in a peristaltic pump controlling fluid with no human intervention, I figure it is as consistent as one can hope for.

For the first 3 months I ran it, I checked it against my Hanna units, knowing both have their error range. The Trident tests correlate with what is being dosed and what is being consumed, and have really good trend lines. I don't really care if I am 8, 8.5, or 9, I care if what I have this week is what I had last month. Given that inside it is a stepper motor in a peristaltic pump controlling fluid with no human intervention, I figure it is as consistent as one can hope for.
Thanks for the input. Pretty much the same thought I have in respects to alk (and ca) -with the doser -should be constant.

Back