Kessil

Euphyllia white bugs - any experiences?

IOnceWasLegend

Frag Swap Coordinator
BOD
For the past couple years, I've had an intermittent issue where single heads of a torch would slowly start having flesh recede from the bottom up (usually biased to one side) and die. It's not BJD, since the flesh just slowly peels off and dies. I've tried coralrx dips, iodine baths, antibiotic dips, antibiotic tank treatments, and KFC dip. Nothing worked, and this issue has persisted across several tanks (though there is coral that has been in all of them).

Thread here with examples: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/white-bugs-on-torch-coral.719783/

Recently, the same thing happened to an absolutely stunning reverse tiger, and I'm getting fed up. Looking closely, I saw some white bugs on the tiger's flesh while it was dying. I've heard bits and pieces about these, but wanted input about if anyone has had something similar happen, and if bugs were the culprit, before treating with interceptor. Thanks!

I've also done ICP tests and Aquabiomics multiple times while having these issues, and everything came back normal. Just getting real frustrated.

Back