High Tide Aquatics

First ICP test.

Hi guys. Could you shine some light.. what should i dose to bring up those trace elements colors? I been dosing Red Sea abcd around 2% calcium consumption... should i dose more or should i used different products? TIA Screenshot_20200712-200655_Drive.jpg
Screenshot_20200712-200655_Drive.jpg

It's hard to read and I cannot enlarge the pic. Do not they have a share report feature that you can post the report with a web interface?

Ho this helps. Thankz

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200712-223218_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20200712-223218_Drive.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 197
  • Screenshot_20200712-223129_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20200712-223129_Drive.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 184
Can you teach me how todo that?
Am sorry I do not k ow how with this icp.
With triton as an example, when you are at your test report page, you see an option called share report. Once you activate it, it give you a link you can post anywhere so ppl can see your report.
Any chance you can take better snap shots of the report? Maybe enlarge the page and take couple snap shots each cover quarter of the report or something. Thos way picture bit more clear.

Ho this helps. Thankz
Look like you have high Li, bit high Al. You might want to trace where these contaminates are coming from.
Traces and elements wise, your potassium is bit high, if u not doing it it might be your salt.
Mag bit high, reduce dosing if you are dosing.
Not sure what n.a means on the po4, is it zero or is it not tested.
Rest looks ok to me.

I read about Li, nothing i can do about it.. just let it be, some another reefer even higher, Randy said it ok, seems doesn't harm the live stock, Al high because i using marinepure.. how to raise Zin, Cu,Ni,Mn,Mo there elements help for colors. Po4 undetected( n.n)

I read about Li, nothing i can do about it.. just let it be, some another reefer even higher, Randy said it ok, seems doesn't harm the live stock, Al high because i using marinepure.. how to raise Zin, Cu,Ni,Mn,Mo there elements help for colors. Po4 undetected( n.n)
I agree I would not play with the li specifically.
Of indeed your po4 is zero that might cause issue, you might want to bring it up a bit naturally.
I wouldn't dose zin, cu,ni..etc

This is 45 all in one system, 1000 hob octopus skimmer, chaeto marco(growing fast)carbon bag, seagel bag, dosing 2part (Randy formula) 92ml/per day, 4ml acropower, 10ml red sea reef energy AB, 2ml /each ABCD red sea trace elements. Because i have bare bottom and tonga rocks that why i using marinepure to build the biological
2 xr15 Radion and 24" xho reefbrite sup
Return pump 950g/per hour
Vortech mp10 and icecap grye 3k
Only 2 fish for now Tang n Wrasse.
SPS dominant, some zoa and shroom
Akl 8.5 stable (Hanna)
Cal 440 (salifert) but ICP said otherwise
Mag 1350-1442 ( dose 1/mo)
Po4 0.02 -0.06 (Hanna) ICP said undetected
No3 5

Attachments

• 20200713_014456.jpg
    20200713_014456.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 181
  • 20200713_014432.jpg
    20200713_014432.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:
Reef looks great. So unless you are dealing with a specific issue, I would not try to dose minor traces based on the icp.
My reef around 14 months.. fortunately i haven't had any issues , 3 months back i try to raise P&N 'cause they undetected. I did post a few questions here about that, i did ask you about using flatworm stop and coral snow, been using it seems have good results. I do have good growth but colors not at what i want, just feel like i can do better ... maybe tank still new for acro? I should be more patient?
Thankz for took your time to answer...

My reef around 14 months.. fortunately i haven't had any issues , 3 months back i try to raise P&N 'cause they undetected. I did post a few questions here about that, i did ask you about using flatworm stop and coral snow, been using it seems have good results. I do have good growth but colors not at what i want, just feel like i can do better ... maybe tank still new for acro? I should be more patient?
Thankz for took your time to answer...
What's your filtration like? Skimmer? Reactors? Anything related to filtration u doing? Like carbon, activated carbon, gfo?
My advice when it come to nutrients, whatever u do, do not go chemichal route or funky routes like turning g off skimmer and overfeeding.
These are the worst advices I have ever seen cause they lead later to problems when all the accumulated uneaten food and unprocessed nutrients jump at u at once and you deal with cyano and algae.
If coloration is what you trying to improve use things like amino acids and coral food. Also increase nutrients by manipulating your bio filtration rather than increasing the export of food to the system. Once we understand what's your bio filtration is we can recommend ways to do so..
Do not overfeed fish to raise up nutrients.

Like i said the post above. My filtration is skimmer, chaeto, carbon bag and seagel bag (po4 remove). I dose amino acids though acropower and one a week with reefroid before water changes. I haven't done any chemical to my reef yet.. will not tend to do it... unless i have no way out. My P&N is in good range now and i try to keep that way. First ICP make me have thought about those trace elements, you said you wouldn't.. I'll let it be...Thankz

Like i said the post above. My filtration is skimmer, chaeto, carbon bag and seagel bag (po4 remove). I dose amino acids though acropower and one a week with reefroid before water changes. I haven't done any chemical to my reef yet.. will not tend to do it... unless i have no way out. My P&N is in good range now and i try to keep that way. First ICP make me have thought about those trace elements, you said you wouldn't.. I'll let it be...Thankz
Then you good. System also looks awesome good job.
Some of the additives I do for correlation is
Coral vitalizer
Coral booster
Amino acids
Phol extra
And across glow.
All zeovit products. The first 3 are very good for growth and coloration. If u use any just keep an eye on n and p.

Good luck

Back