Jestersix

fish feeder ring\square

popper

Supporting Member
What's a good reliable fish feeder ring or square that last at least a year? Don't want the ring detach and floats. Don't want magnet to rust.

thanks,

They have these at Neptune's. I use them in all three of my tanks no problem.

Screenshot_20220119-211753_Google.jpg

I use the same feeder from two little fish and really like them. One thing to keep in mind is that the plastic can break at the seams and expose the magnet and rust. My first one failed after 2 years and the seams broke, so I got a second one. Still prefer them over any other ones I have seen.

My fish are way too dumb - I tried using a small feeding ring in my tank.
They are way too dumb to realize that they have to swim under it. They keep bobbing at the water surface just outside the ring. (-‸ლ)

Some of my fish are just to dumb, which means the smart ones ate all the food.
So what I did was use a PVC pipe at first, replaced with some bits of acrylic glued together.
Now, nobody eats from the ring, but it allows pellets time to sink, instead of ending up in the overflow.

I use the IM one Vincent mentioned when feeding frozen. For my automated Apex feeding I have a custom 3D printed ring that attaches to the mount.

I bought a Tetra FR 6 ring. I have an Eheim automatic fish feeder at home, and this ring is perfect for him. It has been serving me for a year and a half now. The feeder's sides do not allow food distribution over the entire surface of the aquarium. Suckers will enable you to fix the feeder on the aquarium wall anywhere convenient for you. The suction cup feeder prevents the food from moving on the surface of the aquarium and contributes to its total consumption by aquarium fish. It also does not depend on changes in the water level and is made of non-toxic materials.

Last edited:
Back