Our mission

Fish hiding and panting after 15% water change?

So I finally get around to do a 15% water change on my 75G (100G total volume), heat to tank temp mix for 6 hours. Then perform water change then this morning fish are hiding and when I look up close panting. The only tank parm that looks different is that alk went from 7.8 to 8.6. Otherwise salinity (1.025) temp (77.9) all look same/normal.

Less dissolved oxygen after 15% WC? Shouldn’t be.

Toxins? I don’t know how to test for toxins but the newly mixed up with RO/DI etc

The one thing I did differently is I didn’t mix overnight and only for about 6 hours. And I normally only do 5G water change not 15G.

Ideas?

find the hidden anthias. Normally they are in rockwork only at night to sleep. It’s 4:27pm and they are still there. They are upset about something.
EECD7439-FA40-4563-93BD-5282A6BF9C0D.jpeg

Did another 15% WC and added two cups of GAC. Most fish are out now. Still missing coral beauty (can’t find anywhere) and lost three SPS corals. I can only assume my first WC mix was bad. No clue how or why.

Attachments

• 02A37DEE-6FFF-49BA-AFF6-778D2B0A59CD.jpeg
    02A37DEE-6FFF-49BA-AFF6-778D2B0A59CD.jpeg
    116.8 KB · Views: 129
So ammonia and nitrite are zero. Nitrate is 5ppm, phosphate is 0.17. Anthias and kole tang and out and happy. My coral beauty angel is no where to be seen. No dead body outside tank and searched with flashlight at night and no body inside the LR. Just gone!!

I tossed any SPS with signs of RTN and at day 3 treating both tanks with RTN / STN X. I learned my lesson adding wild caught corals to a tank and won’t do that again.

Any advice on finding lost fish? I hate the idea that the angel could be alive in rock or worse dead and decaying.

Any advice on finding lost fish? I hate the idea that the angel could be alive in rock or worse dead and decaying.
Get some extra snails and hermit crabs to help with any clean up? Or don't feed for a day, then feed their favorite food and they should come out.

Back