High Tide Aquatics

Fish ID: Magnificent fox face?

bluetang_2000

Supporting Member
Hello, I bought this magnificent fox face online, but not really sure this is a one spot fox face instead.

IMG_8042.jpg

Yeah that's not even close...

This is a magnificent foxface
Magnificent-Foxface-for-the-reef-tank-aquarium.jpg

It's been a while since I bought fish (and I'm sure prices have changed drastically) but it was the difference between a $20 fish and a $100+ fish

edit: ok just checked LiveAquaria and the yellow "plain" one is more expensive than the magnificent... wow! Times have changed, maybe it was a Hawaiian import thing which is why they were so cheap?

Yeah that's not even close...

This is a magnificent foxface
Magnificent-Foxface-for-the-reef-tank-aquarium.jpg

It's been a while since I bought fish (and I'm sure prices have changed drastically) but it was the difference between a $20 fish and a $100+ fish

edit: ok just checked LiveAquaria and the yellow "plain" one is more expensive than the magnificent... wow! Times have changed, maybe it was a Hawaiian import thing which is why they were so cheap?
That's a beautiful fish! Amazing looking!

Still haven’t heard from the vendor yet, will try to call them tomorrow. If not, definitely disputing the charge with CC.

Look forward to the magnificent fox face

IMHO
buying on line
you are relying on a business to send you the proper specimen in good condition
we are fortunate to have several aquarium stores in our area and they NEED and DESERVE our support.
if you can’t see your livestock in person with your own eyes…your experience is a result

Definitely been buying fish from local stores, but it’s a bit hard to find the right size and the availability could be a challenge for the uncommon fishes.

Definitely been buying fish from local stores, but it’s a bit hard to find the right size and the availability could be a challenge for the uncommon fishes.

I talked to @under_water_ninja at some point and he's very willing to help get a hold of something and even run it through QT for you. That's the route I'm going for my upcoming fish list. Happy to pay a local fish store (especially when they do things right).

Back