Neptune Aquatics

Frag Swap Coming for Supporting Members - Sat Nov 13

How many polyps per frag on the zoas?
Usually 4-5 frags at a minimum is encouraged, unless it's a particular fancy type (yeah don't ask about this now). We try not to set a minimum unless there's a level of abuse going on (e.g. here's a single coralite of an acro... times 10 = 10 frags right?), however in the spirit of the swap we like to ask that you bring frags of a size that you yourself would be happy enough with picking up and again a "common" zoa if you saw 1 polyp probably not really jazzed about getting it but if you saw a frag plug where the zoas were over most of the frag plug you may be a little more inclined to grab that.

I have some mushrooms that haven't attached to any rubble in weeks. Should I just place them in the containers as free Willy floaters?
Same as above. Absolutely can be brought, but if you can get them to attach better.

074AC82A-B095-4D68-9EEA-8C4173936B91.jpeg
Getting excited! Got my new Frag jars ready to go!

215A4955-4D32-449D-B17F-59C167F79EBB.jpeg
That’s really cool. A lot of people want to look at frags from the top of the container. If you had labels on the bottom that could be read through the container from the top that could be really perfect
Yea unfortunately I couldn’t get the same containers I had for the last event. But these are actually larger and are completely clear so you will have to inspect from the side.

If the stick was on the bottom you’d have to pick up the container and set it down no matter what to look at the ID. With the ID on top at least you can decide whether or not you want to use your time on it or move on.

I also had full color gloss print outs with all the frags. Not sure if I will have that this time around.

But I wish the style I previously had didn’t become dis continued.

Not yet a supporting member (just joined). Would love to support this forum (seems great having scrolled through some of the threads), and attend this Frag swap, but a few questions if anyone can answer:

1. If I become a supporting member this week, can I attend?
2. Is there a thread that describes how these frag swaps work or can someone please explain?
3. What if I don’t have much that I can frag at this point … ?

Thanks!

Not yet a supporting member (just joined). Would love to support this forum (seems great having scrolled through some of the threads), and attend this Frag swap, but a few questions if anyone can answer:

2. Is there a thread that describes how these frag swaps work or can someone please explain?

Thanks!
Hi, welcome! You should absolutely join.

1. Yes

2. This was the last event.
https://www.bareefers.org/forum/threads/june-26-2021-members-frag-swap.29096/

3. It usually requires 3 or more frags of a different type to participate. A lot of members will sometimes donate corals for people to use to enter the swap.

Thanks!
A lot of us will bring extra frags so if your tank is new and you don't have any frags to swap with don't worry. You'll be covered.

Thanks! I have a couple extra heads of a very nice kryptonite candy cane that I could likely bring, but beyond that nothing yet that I think I could Frag (nor would have the expertise to frag at this point) without killing it, unfortunately!

Thanks! I have a couple extra heads of a very nice kryptonite candy cane that I could likely bring, but beyond that nothing yet that I think I could Frag (nor would have the expertise to frag at this point) without killing it, unfortunately!
I have a deal to supporting members where I will teach you to frag zoas, and you can use the frags you make with me at the swap.

Back