Cali Kid Corals

go with par38 or par30 for 10 gallon SPS?

Giving my 10gallon a huge overhaul. Recently bought a mp10es, picking up a CPR hob tomorrow, so I figured I might as well upgrade my lighting. Im currently using a fishneedit 4x24w t5ho. Looking to go for the shimmer effect without the expenses of a MH. So I was thinking of going for either par38 or par30. It of course will be dual. Would dual par30 cut it for a SPS? or do I need to go dual par38?

I would get a bigger tank, but that's going to be some time. I heard MH runs up the energy bill alot and since the par30 bulbs uses only 10w each, it was very enticing. Tired of my my T5s ):

I got a 20 gal sitting empty...cmon it's cheap and a lot easier to maintain! Your mp10 willtake care I a bigger tank and so will a hob skimmer...just saying, not much money for a bigger tank on it's own.

The only place I can put my tank at is my current computer desk. its only 23.5inches x 13inches. 20 gallon wont work ):

iCon said:
2 x par38 with 60* optics, 20K.

+1

Even a cheap MH setup would cost more than this setup after 1 year. IMO if it's for a work desk I would consider 14k, but that's just me because I don't like to stare at blue for too long.

iCon said:
2 x par38 with 60* optics, 20K.

What icon is suggesting is good advice. I am running 1 par 38 with 80* optics, approximately 12" from the water's surface, on a 7g tank and the zoas are reaching for the light

Back