Reef nutrition

Good inexpensive ato?

Smart ATO micro has been good.

ive used the smart ATO micro, the Tunze and a JBJ. The JBJ was garbage but the Tunze and Smart ATO have been good. I like the Smart ATO more than the Tunze a bit more TBH as it doesn't dump a cup of water in if you happen to power cycle for whatever reason

Last edited:
Auto aqua duetto. 2 sensors in a very small package. Hasn’t failed me in years even with no cleaning though I do try to wipe it off every couple of months. And if it does happen to overflow it’s very minimal compared to others that just won’t stop.

I run 3 them and wouldn’t hesitate to get another for a new tank.

I've seen failures in about everything (Neptune, Tunze, Smart ATO and micro, JBJ, and those old air switch ones). The most robust IMO is the Tunze ATO. Not the micro one, the full one. The micro one isn't too bad either, but you might have to pop it open and change a jumper if using it on a large tank. I've only had one issue with a Tunze, and I'm nearly certain it was defective from the day it was new. It was a bit of back and forth, but they eventually replaced the bad switch and all was well. I have not tried the AA Duetto.

If anyone wants I'll dig up one of my JBJ ones for $5 and a picture of their tank. I have a couple and don't ever plan to use them again.

Thank you guys for all your help. Ultimately I ended up just replacing the float switch on the ato. It worked well for 3 years I guess it was time for a new float.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Back