Kessil

Good options for 2 gallon 2-part containers

Adit0

Supporting Member
Right now I'm using two 1 gallon jugs of distilled water with brs powder mixed in, but I want bigger containers so I have to refill them less often. I'm thinking about using those 2.5 gallon distilled water containers but would like to know if there are sturdier/more durable options that I can find easily.

Yesterday I discovered that my part-A has been slowly dripping out bottom of jug. It must have cracked during shipping -- in July! A lot was lost. Got me thinking of getting more sturdy containers that I'll decant into from the shipped ones. Hoping for a recommendation that might suit what I'm doing too.

What I always used was salt buckets, you can do up to 5 gallons, but typically what I did is just scribbed a mark on the outside that translated to a particularly easy amount of 2 part to get the desired concentration. Which FYI you don't need a saturated solution, chances are the "excess" water will simply make up for whatever top off you need to do.

I was thinking about 5 gallon buckets but that would require me to move around a lot of stuff in my stand to make room... on another note I found this attached to the soda ash line
IMG_7536.JPG

which I think is CaCo3 precipitate. Are the dosing tubes supposed to not go in the water (I think the soda ash line got submerged when I added a few gallons too much on my last WC).

I was thinking about 5 gallon buckets but that would require me to move around a lot of stuff in my stand to make room... on another note I found this attached to the soda ash lineView attachment 31403
which I think is CaCo3 precipitate. Are the dosing tubes supposed to not go in the water (I think the soda ash line got submerged when I added a few gallons too much on my last WC).
None of the dosing tubes should touch the water but especially the alkalinity tube touching is a big no-no, will definitely cause calcium carbonate precipitation like this.

Back