got ethical husbandry?

Gyre 4k with single controller to apex 0-10v dimming port?

So I wanted to control 2 icecap 4k gyre pumps. The controller that comes with the 4k has a 0-10v port. It also supports two 4k gyre pumps.

Now my first thought was I want to hook this into the apex dimming port. I bought the “advanced” cable to accomplish this.

.... now I’ve seen folks use one ice cap 4k controller “per” pump. My question is will a Neptune apex work with only one controller , 2 gyre pumps hooked to it, and with the advanced cable giving it ports 1 and 2 of the 0-10v dimming ?

I talked to Neptune systems and they have never came across this configuration.

anyone tried this or know? I don’t care about running the pumps forward/backwards. Running the pumps forward and being able to control both of them would be enough for me!

thank you,
Randy

I do not know the answer to your question.

The Icecap controlller looked like it has only 1 0-10v port. So now the question becomes, does the Icecap controller have 2 ports per port like the Apex? And if it does, does it split them into 1 for each pump or 1 for forward and 1 for reverse applied to both pumps.

You should check with Coralvue. The Icecap controller was never submitted for us to test so we have no idea how it works as it applies to 0-10v.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The short story from talking to coralvue.

1. The 0-10v port on an icecap 4k hydros controller will only accept a single channel of the apex 0-10v dimming capabilities.

2. If 2 pumps are hooked to the coralvue controller the apex Neptune will mirror the command and send to both pumps.

3. With a single coralvue controller the only function you really get is the ability to trigger different modes previously programmed into thier hydros software.

4. you have to buy the “y” cable that splits the neptunes Ethernet jack to 2 barrel style connectors. Only one of the barrel connectors will work. The other just twist tie and put to the side.

Last edited:
I think the 0-10v on the Icecap wifi controller is to trigger modes only like feeding or water change. Flow patterns is through the Hydros app itself.

I may be wrong but we'll see what Coralvue says.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Back