Neptune Aquatics

Gyre

CreAzn

Supporting Member
Does anyone have any broken Gyre Pump that they don't want? Doesn't matter what brand. I'm trying to work on a project.

I would recommend buying stronger magnets, like from K&J Magnetics:

Depending on your plans, they make waterproof magnets, rubber coated, etc. You can buy any strength, including truly dangerous ones with hundreds of pounds of pull force. The folks at K&J are also pretty geeky and cool about helping you figure out what you need for your project.

You can also get them cheaper (and coated) from Amazon, etc.

Restricting yourself to whatever you find in pumps seems like not the right approach to me unless I’m missing something.

I would recommend buying stronger magnets, like from K&J Magnetics:

Depending on your plans, they make waterproof magnets, rubber coated, etc. You can buy any strength, including truly dangerous ones with hundreds of pounds of pull force. The folks at K&J are also pretty geeky and cool about helping you figure out what you need for your project.

You can also get them cheaper (and coated) from Amazon, etc.

Restricting yourself to whatever you find in pumps seems like not the right approach to me unless I’m missing something.
Great advice!

How far out do you plan on making the floating aqua scape? My friend use a French cleat method for his floating aqua scape. It stuck out about 30”. Turned out pretty cool.
01D8A0DF-215B-4AC2-AE88-638546579230.jpeg
746EE686-69D4-4119-9B57-28A2E4FC9F77.jpeg

Floating rockwork is awesome. One caveat is that any cuc that can't swim or glass walk won't be able to get there. Crabs in particular do not have access. My floating section always looked worse than any grounded scape section when running without fish and cuc only.

My tank is not that big. If I can clean the area and change water 50% to 75% every week. Hope that will help eliminate some cuc require.

Back