Reef nutrition

Half moon bay fishing pics

Some fish I have been catching in half moon bay recently

Interesting to see whats out there, there is a surprising variety of fish
IMG_9439.JPG
IMG_9446.JPG
IMG_9473.JPG
IMG_9471.JPG

So is shore fishing a possibility in the bay? I'd love to get more into fishing (particularly for food) but just don't know where to go.

I do a lot of fishing off of piers in the bay since I sold my boat. Brisbane and the Dumbarton piers are my go to bay spots. I like the Capitola pier late night also.

So is shore fishing a possibility in the bay? I'd love to get more into fishing (particularly for food) but just don't know where to go.

Striper is possible! Perch pretty easy. Rockfishing off highway one is also very common but off the more rocky parts so like more between Half Moon Bay and Santa Cruz.

How are the prices for charters in Mexico ?
Dude makes me not even want to go on charters out here. Seriously a rip off for the the type of fish we have out here and charge for everything lol. It was 320 for just me and my nephew everything is covered reels, rods, tackel, fish filleting and also has a cooler full of beers sodas and drinks and snacks for 10 hrs and a chance for real monsters. We hooked up to Mahi, swordfish and man we hooked up to big marlin that never gave me a chance to put a crank on him just kept taking line until he came of the hook.

Yeah I just fish off the HMB jetty. You can catch perch, rockfish, cabezon, jacksmelt, halibut, lingcod, sculpin, monkey face eel, and can crab for dungeness/rock crab. Otherwise surf fishing for stripe bass / perch

Back