Jestersix

Heater Themostats. How many do I need?

Some Rando

Supporting Member
My tank (50G total water volume) has 2 Cobalt Neotherm 150w heaters. I have 2 for redundancy so if one heater fails my tank won’t get roasted or too cold by one big heater going bad.

One of my heaters tested my plan out and got stuck on at full blast. My tank got up to 86 degrees. I’m not sure how long it was 86 degrees. It’s possible the tank was at this temperature for weeks or maybe even months. I don’t regularly monitor my heat. I’ve lost a few frags recently and this is probably why. Lessons were learned.

How many Inkbirds should I get? Is it recommended to get one for each heater? Or will one suffice since the controllers have 2 outlets?

Thank you. 2 Inkbirds incoming.

I also saw the the recommended thread before I posted this, but I didn’t read it far enough to see the answer I was looking for. Next time I’ll be more thorough before I post a thread.

Thank you. 2 Inkbirds incoming.

I also saw the the recommended thread before I posted this, but I didn’t read it far enough to see the answer I was looking for. Next time I’ll be more thorough before I post a thread.
Don’t worry about it! Some topics just come up often like they are new again. It’s not like that last thread was the first time we talked about the same issues either. Or the 10th time for that matter :)

Back