Jestersix

Hello, fist time salt. Just finished setting up my tank

First time setting up a saltwater tank, the water is still cloudy from adding the sand. Took me hours to figure out I wanted this aquascape and am proud of myself using epoxy and super glue to secure it all together. It was quite the challenge as it got everywhere .

I’ve owned freshwater planted tanks for years and actually am a shrimp breeder on the side for fun. I sell my shrimp local to other hobbiest plus I ship when weather isn’t to crazy. Sometimes I sell to the local stores here. My freshwater hobby has actually funded my entire saltwater tank and all of its setup which feels really cool. It also pays for all my tanks running and will be paying for my saltwater tanks upkeep. It’s cool when a hobby pays for itself.

Can’t wait to get this salt tank cycled so I can start adding things! I’m so pumped. I’ve always wanted a salt tank for years but was always to scared to do it. Worried I’d spend so much and have a tank crash and be devastated ect. Plus so much to learn. Happy I’m finally doing it.

Attachments

• 62EDB44B-C337-410E-AC9C-6E704543987F.jpeg
    62EDB44B-C337-410E-AC9C-6E704543987F.jpeg
    44.7 KB · Views: 199
Welcome. Let’s hear about your shrimp breeding setup!
Also, consider becoming a supporting member, there are lots of benefits like access to the buy sell trade forum.
I will consider it! I have a large custom rack that houses currently 3 tanks where I breed bloody marry’s, blue dreams and blue carbon rili. Also working on a shrimp project where I’m trying to get a vibrant blue dream coloration in the middle of the shrimp and a deeper blue for the head and tail. I’m slowly getting there. I have a Instagram page that shows off my shrimp. _Bre_The_Breeder_.

attached a picture of my setup. Kinda have taken over half our living room and kitchen wall.I live in a apartment with my son and husband at the moment so space is tight.

Attachments

• 741D769D-DE0F-4290-BD32-7F6F5890F455.jpeg
    741D769D-DE0F-4290-BD32-7F6F5890F455.jpeg
    86.1 KB · Views: 199
Welcome, nice mix of rocks. Are those flat ones some of the staxx flat rocks?
They are actually macro rock reef saver rocks from bulk reef supply. It’s the flat version of that rock. The other white rocks are there regular ones in that brand and the purple ones is some dry rock I was given from a hobbiest for free when I bought there Ai prime hd16 light

Back