Jestersix

Hello reefers

I am from the tri vally (dublin/pleasanton/livermore) but actually moving to San Jose soon.

I have a small 20 gallon tank which I started in Jan of this year. I'm currently obsessed with zoas, but do have a few LPS and SPS from when I first started,

reef.jpg

Welcome to BAR! Hands down the best forum to meet local reefers. Sign up for a membership so you can access other sub-forums such as Don't Break The Chain aka DBTC, Sales page and others. A lot of nice helpful folks on here to gain valuable knowledge.

btw, nice first tank. My first saltwater tank was a 3g JBJ Picotope when I started back in 2000. Let's see how long that 20g lasts until you upgrade lol

Welcome to BAR! Hands down the best forum to meet local reefers. Sign up for a membership so you can access other sub-forums such as Don't Break The Chain aka DBTC, Sales page and others. A lot of nice helpful folks on here to gain valuable knowledge.

btw, nice first tank. My first saltwater tank was a 3g JBJ Picotope when I started back in 2000. Let's see how long that 20g lasts until you upgrade lol

I actually started with a 10g in Jan and upgraded to this 20g in March :p

Welcome, what’s your favorite zoa you’ve gotten so far? Also I like your scape, but I think you need something to grow and take up vertical space like branching sps or a softie like nepthea or Kenya tree maybe, draw some attention up

Welcome, what’s your favorite zoa you’ve gotten so far? Also I like your scape, but I think you need something to grow and take up vertical space like branching sps or a softie like nepthea or Kenya tree maybe, draw some attention up
My favorite so far is halluciation. The name really fits it. I agree I'd like more vertical growth. I have 2 branching SPS( circled in pic. also probably a bad idea to have them so close) but wow are they taking their sweet time to grow. That's been my least favorite part of reef tanks. Coming from fresh water tanks, with co2 injection, plants will grow SO much faster!
reef.jpg

Welcome! Do you have any fish in there? I don't see any in the pic.
I have a single Yellow Tail Damsel which is such a meanie. It will constantly kick up the substrate if its in its "home".
Is it a bad idea to have such little amount of fish? I know it causes a low nutrients system but I am dosing nitrates.

Back