got ethical husbandry?

Help with Hydros control setting

newfly

Supporting Member
I believe there are a couple of Hydros user here in this forum. I'm leaving for a month long trip. Part of the prep is to add a low/high water sensor to the ATO reservoir.

RO tank high - High water level in reservoir
ATO Low - Low water level in reservoir

the solenoid setting is attached.

1. The setting seems to work. Anyone see any issue with this?
2. I am curious about advance setting. Can take advantage of "max on time" 15mins (that is how long it takes to fill the reservoir, from low->high sensor)? My questions is which one have priority, max runtime OR High water level sensor? I assume its "OR". That is what i observed when i tested it. when the "max on time" is hit, will it automatically reset then the Low water level sensor trigger the fill again? I can experiment with this, but if someone have prior experience , i would love to hear from you.

Attachments

• IMG_3149.PNG
    IMG_3149.PNG
    60.1 KB · Views: 68
I haven't set up anything like this but your logic makes sense. I always use a max on or off time to prevent a broken sensor or probe leading to like a heater being on forever. Or me forgetting that I turned on a sump light or turned off the return manually.

For this, you can ask Carlos or Jeff on the Hydros forum to verify: https://forum.coralvuehydros.com/

This looks a little odd to me - what are you trying to accomplish with the sensors, and are they both in the reservoir? Is there a third one in the sump?

The is the control for the RO solenoid to fill the ATO reservoir (not directly to the tank). I have a separate tunze ATO to top off the tank drawing from this reservoir.

Yes, I want to fill when the water level hit low sensor and stop when hit high sensor.

If I hook up RO to the tank directly, TDS creep will likely waste my DI resin. Now it will only fill 4G at a time.

Back