High Tide Aquatics

hi everyone

vissen319

Supporting Member
Hi everyone,

I am new here but you can also find me on R2R. I just joined the reef tank community. I am new to the hobby but I have had planted tanks before (10-55 gal).

I am hoping to get some valuable resources from you all since I just started venturing into marine tanks.

I bought an aquatic Recife 40 gal over the weekend. Just set it up on Monday. So far so good. Waiting for the tank to cycle.

Thanks all,
Vissen

PS: I am located on the East Bay. I purchased my tank from bay bridge aquarium.

Welcome! I recommend checking out Aquatic collection in Hayward since you’re in East bay. It may be dangerous though, they have some awesome fish and corals there

Thank you all for the warm welcome.

I was about to make a trip there tomorrow but then decided it's too early. So I will wait for now.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Thank you all for the warm welcome! yesterday i was dealing with some issue on my tank. I noticed some poor workmanship on the tank that I just purchased.

what do you think of this? do you think it may cause issues?

from_another_angle.jpg

seam_1.jpg

seam_3.jpg

Attachments

• SEAM_2.jpg
    SEAM_2.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 149
Hard to tell from pics but...

When building tanks, it is common to take two passes when putting in silicone glue.
Pass 1 is to glue glass together.
Pass 2 is a bead inside, slightly different formula, as an extra seal to protect main glue joint.

To me, it looks like pass 2 was not done all that cleanly, so it should be fine.
Key is to make sure the contact point between glass panes is free of all bubble and gaps.

Back