Reef nutrition

How does one "become a link in the chain"

Hello DBTC'ers -

I am new to reefing and my tank has been up and running (sans corals) for four months now. I am finalizing my lighting selection soon and thinking about what types of corals to introduce first. I would like to become a part of your "chain" but obviously until I get some time under my belt and grow some stuff enough that I am able to contribute to the chain, I have nothing to contribute. So was wondering if any of you have some smaller, beginner pieces you want to donate to the cause with my commitment that as the stuff grows, I will begin forwarding the stuff on. Anyway, let me know how I can participate. Thanks. Love this forum... an invaluable resource!

Each coral in the DBTC has its own “chain” and although the rules differ based on the person starting the chain, i don’t believe any require you having corals to contribute. Some of the fancier corals offered come with the condition that you participate in other chains first, but there are plenty of good chains you can become a part of. I’d say the best thing you can do is start a tank journal if you haven’t already since some chains will require a journal.

let me know if you have any additional questions. I would check the zoa section of DBTC for some good starter corals. I have a few I’ll be adding to hopefully

Each coral in the DBTC has its own “chain” and although the rules differ based on the person starting the chain, i don’t believe any require you having corals to contribute. Some of the fancier corals offered come with the condition that you participate in other chains first, but there are plenty of good chains you can become a part of. I’d say the best thing you can do is start a tank journal if you haven’t already since some chains will require a journal.

let me know if you have any additional questions. I would check the zoa section of DBTC for some good starter corals. I have a few I’ll be adding to hopefully
Oh OK good to know. I started a tank journal a few weeks ago for my own/others benefit as well as being able to participate in chains as that seems to be a common requirement. I will go check out the Zoa section. Thx!

What types of corals are you looking for?
I have a list of stuff supposedly good for beginners:
- Caulastrea candy cane
- Toadstool leathers
- Pom pom xenias
- Cauliflower colt
- Brain coral
- Pinwheel plate coral
- Green star polyps...

Any of these would be awesome but I defer to what is available and what the group recommends as good starters.

Back