Kessil

How hot did your tanks get today?

Is the pH in any of your tanks changed with high fan use? I have not seen any change which seems strange given my expectation that heavy air flow would affect gas exchange.

Is the pH in any of your tanks changed with high fan use? I have not seen any change which seems strange given my expectation that heavy air flow would affect gas exchange.
I don't have controllers so I'm not monitoring PH. Would be interesting to see the difference.

No I haven’t.

Unless you are dosing a lot of acid or base (eg kalkwasser), use CO2 absorbent media, or you normally keep your tank closed off to air exchange (eg glass lid, no skimmer) you wouldn’t expect much difference with increased aeration. It will just bring it towards equilibrium with the CO2 in the room air, which most tanks are already near.

I didn’t even check, my set point is 77, so it might’ve hit 78, as the house was only at elevated temps (higher than the tank set point) for 3-4 hours in the evening

81.5 F on Saturday. But that's because I'm an idiot and forgot to leave the door open to where the chiller is (meaning it wasn't getting proper airflow and was trying to cool an enclosed box).

Back