Kessil

How much flow into a Euro Reef rs8?

Here are some diagrams of what I'm babbling about:
6849189-0-display.jpg

7121535-0-display.jpg

That does look cool, thanks for posting it. I bet you could make that as an add on to any skimmer too.

As far as my setup I have been pretty busy with work but I managed to check in on the tank downstairs yesterday and my skimmer is making skimmate. Its actually wetter than I like but I have room to adjust. Water was still a bit murky when I turned it on, now it's crystal clear and the skimmer is full of foamy goodness, so I think I'll call the flow through it "good enough" for me.

Thanks for your help.

Matt, do you envision there being much difference in that design than say the original Tunze skimmer where the injection caused the bubbles to spin rapidly keeping them from rising to the surface in rapid fashion?

tuberider said:
Matt, do you envision there being much difference in that design than say the original Tunze skimmer where the injection caused the bubbles to spin rapidly keeping them from rising to the surface in rapid fashion?

No idea really. I haven't actually seen that thing in operation, only diagrams. On paper, it looks like it'd work great.

Do the original Tunzes work well?

Back