High Tide Aquatics

Popper's IM200ext

popper

Supporting Member
I'm only writing this to gain entry to the Hanna alkalinity tester give away. :)

Hopefully this will be my last tank.

Should arrive within a month.

IM 200 ext white stand with RFS50 (Reef Filtration Series) Acrylic Sump 50 Inches Long
4 3 mp40 mobius UPDATE 4/10/24
3 radion xr30 gen6
2 360x. 2 AP9X UPDATE 4/10/24
2 Jebao DCW SINE DC Controllable Water Pump (DCW-5000), white/red
1 Jebao doser but might upgrade it because I have to reprogram it every time power is restarted
1 Octo Elite 220s - A monster skimmer donated by a friend
2 Smart power strip - KASA. 2 DJ POWER STRIP UPDATE 4/10
2 heat controllers - Inkbird
2 - 3 titanium heaters

Added CoralLife 12X UV UPDATE 4/10/24
Added mini IM media reactor UPDATE 4/10/24

I'm going to forego the Apex and will sell it with the IM 100ext, emerald 39, rsk600.

Have a 36w UV will probably add it.

Going to start with new sand and a few rocks from current tank. Too many bristle worms in current tank.

Last edited:
I'm only writing this to gain entry to the Hanna alkalinity tester give away. :)

Hopefully this will be my last tank.

Should arrive within a month.

IM 200 ext white stand with RFS50 (Reef Filtration Series) Acrylic Sump 50 Inches Long
4 mp40 mobius
3 radion xt30 gen6
2 360x or 2 ap9
2 jebao return pump. Currently have 2 and they seem reliable and quiet. Don't need anything fancy. Going to get 2 that are more powerful.
Jebao doser but might upgrade it because I have to reprogram it every time power is restarted
A monster skimmer from a friend
2 Smart power strip
2 heat controllers
2 - 3 tiranium heaters

I'm going to forego the Apex and will sell it with the IM 100ext, emerald 39, rsk600.

Have a 36w UV will probably add it.

Going to start with new sand and a few rocks from current tank. Too many bristle worms in current tank.
Can't wait to see this tank!

Which Jebao doser do you have? I have some 4 doser wifi one's that I have yet to setup and have heard some bad things about when power goes out (losing programming and/or dosing a random amount). Trying to get the correct info before I set these up for life support.

Can't wait to see this tank!

Which Jebao doser do you have? I have some 4 doser wifi one's that I have yet to setup and have heard some bad things about when power goes out (losing programming and/or dosing a random amount). Trying to get the correct info before I set these up for life support.
For what it's worth, I ran a Jabao doser (4 channel non-wifi version) for 4+ years without any issues. I finally replaced it when I observed what appeared to be a power supply issue, the LED's would flicker when it dosed and the motors seemed underpowered and unable to deliver the full dose. I decided to replace it with a Red Sea Reef Dose, which was a lot pricier, and I'm hoping will last longer. Time will tell as I've only had the red sea unit a few months.

There is a battery in the non-wifi versions. Losing power with a dead battery will lose the programming. It's easy to test...just set the time, unplug, wait for a minute and then plug it back in to see if the time is still correct. Maybe wifi versions have a battery?

Delivery company almost broke the tank. Had to yell STOP!!! While my friend snap the carelessness. Guy was rushing me...didn't want me to inspect the tank. WTH???

Tank_Delivery.jpg

I thought these are bio ceramic balls but they're fiber balls that need monthly replacement. Going to replace with better filter media.
20230407_112153.jpg

Last edited:
Back