got ethical husbandry?

Inkbird ITC-306A Connecting to app

musclebenz

Supporting Member
I am trying to connect the Inkbird ITC-306A to the app on my iphone and have not been successful. Any ideas or tips others have used? My have the Eero mesh network throughout my home. I have one Inkbird that I install on app about four years ago using my ipad versus the iphone but that's not working this time.

I am trying to connect the Inkbird ITC-306A to the app on my iphone and have not been successful. Any ideas or tips others have used? My have the Eero mesh network throughout my home. I have one Inkbird that I install on app about four years ago using my ipad versus the iphone but that's not working this time.
do you have split 2.4 and 5ghz ssids? I find all Reef gear is 2.4 only and doesn’t do well on combined 2.4/5 networks.

My experience with smart devices:

• Generally all bottom of the barrel tech, I can't wait for matter and thread to proliferate and remove dependencies on some hacked together apps
  • Usually the iOS app does pairing better than Android, but it's very device dependent. For instance having a device that's not running the latest Android or iOS is more likely to work then a new version. Effectively you want the version some hack project would've used when being hacked together.
  • They tend to not like mesh wifi. I don't know why, but I'm guessing it has to do with the nodes not propagating / broadcasting discovery signals (particularly UDP). Sometimes it helps to unplug the mesh node(s) to force the initial setup to the main node.
  • Dual networks never work. Better to just split 2.4ghz to its own said and connect all smart stuff to it
  • Any complex network stuff is going to fail.
I'd split the networks, unplug your other routers, and try more devices. Especially ones running an older version of the operating systems.

Edit: I see your success message. My guess is what that means is it switched which node it was connecting to and got connected to the same node as your phone. If you can pin the device in your router to the node it's working on, that's going to increase your long term ability for it to keep working.

My experience with smart devices:

• Generally all bottom of the barrel tech, I can't wait for matter and thread to proliferate and remove dependencies on some hacked together apps
  • Usually the iOS app does pairing better than Android, but it's very device dependent. For instance having a device that's not running the latest Android or iOS is more likely to work then a new version. Effectively you want the version some hack project would've used when being hacked together.
  • They tend to not like mesh wifi. I don't know why, but I'm guessing it has to do with the nodes not propagating / broadcasting discovery signals (particularly UDP). Sometimes it helps to unplug the mesh node(s) to force the initial setup to the main node.
  • Dual networks never work. Better to just split 2.4ghz to its own said and connect all smart stuff to it
  • Any complex network stuff is going to fail.
I'd split the networks, unplug your other routers, and try more devices. Especially ones running an older version of the operating systems.
Yes very frustrating.

Back